Lippo di Dalmasio

A Local International Gothic Favourite

Polyptych in Santa Maria dei Servi by Lippo

Born in Bologna, the son of a painter, Lippo di Dalmasio Scannabecchi (c.1355-1410), spent much of career working in his native city and in Pistoia, often working in fresco.

Lippo's works, in a very Tuscan International Gothic manner, can be seen in many Bologna churches, notably Santa Maria dei Servi, and the Pinacoteca; also in San Salvatore, San Martino, San Clemente in the Collegio di Spagna, San Benedetto, San Colombano, San Domenico (museo), San Paolo Maggiore, San Procolo and Sant' Isaia.

This is a preview of the content in our Bologna + Modena Art & Culture app. Get the app to:
iOS App Store Google Play