Mercato Sant'Ambrogio

East Side Market

Mercato Sant'Ambrogio

Part of Giuseppe Poggi's urban renewal plan for Florence was the building of three covered markets for the city, but only this one in glass and iron, which opened in 1873 near the church of Sant'Ambrogio and the Mercato di San Lorenzo were ever constructed.

Practical Info

Piazza Giberti

Hours Mon-Sat 7am-2pm

website

This is a preview of the content in our Florence Art & Culture app. Get the app to:
iOS App Store Google Play