Santa Maria Elisabetta

The Lido's parish church

S. Maria Elisabetta behind its vaporetto stop

One of Venice's most unremarkable churches, Santa Maria Elisabetta with its simple white facade and tower is best known perhaps for lending its name to a vaporetto stop. Begun as an oratory in the 16th century, it was rebuilt by the Patriarch Giacomo Tiepolo in 1627 and consecrated as a church in 1671 and heavily restored 300 years later.

Practical Info

Hours Frequently open for services

Vaporetto Lido S.M.E.

Via Isola di Cerigo

+39 041 526 64 45

This is a preview of the content in our Venice Art & Culture app. Get the app to:
iOS App Store Google Play