Santi Cosma e Damiano

Now home to the Luigi Nono Archives

SS. Cosma e Damiano

This convent, dedicated to the medical saints, was founded by a Benedictine nun in 1482. It later had numerous roles, including a cholera hospital and textile factory.

Today the large cloister holds five of the Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa art studios and the extensive archives of the Fondazione Luigi Nono, left by the Venetian-born avant garde composer (1924-1990).

Practical Info

Hours Luigi Nono foundation, open by request Mon-Thurs 10am-1pm and 2-4pm.

Adm Free

Vaporetto Giudecca Palanca

+39 041 520 9713

This is a preview of the content in our Venice Art & Culture app. Get the app to:
iOS App Store Google Play