Built during Florence's brief foray as capital of Italy by Girolamo Pagliano, a baritone who made his fortune selling an elixir of long life, this was one of the largest theatres in Italy when it opened in 1854.
In 1901 it changed its name from Teatro Pagiano to Teatro Verdi. After undergoing changes and restorations over time, in 1998 it became the home of the Orchestra Regionale Toscana, presenting a full range of concerts, recitals and operas as well as prose, ballet, musicals and more.
Via Ghibellina 99
Hours Ticket office open Mon-Sat 10am-1pm and 4-7pm
+39 055 212320
Images by: Sailko, GNU Creative Commons License