Porta San Minato
Busy Medieval Gate
Designed by Arnolfo di Cambio in 1320 as part of the city's sixth ring of walls, this is the exit that millions of Florentines have taken over the years to walk uph to San Miniato al Monte. Today it's often jammed with cars. The old wooden gate was carried away in the 1966 flood, but was restored in 2005.