One of Venice's most unremarkable churches, Santa Maria Elisabetta with its simple white facade and tower is best known perhaps for lending its name to a vaporetto stop. Begun as an oratory in the 16th century, it was rebuilt by the Patriarch Giacomo Tiepolo in 1627 and consecrated as a church in 1671 and heavily restored 300 years later.
Hours Frequently open for services
Vaporetto Lido S.M.E.
Via Isola di Cerigo
+39 041 526 64 45
Images by: Remi Mathis, Creative Commons License