One of the landmarks overlooking the city (just under Barcelona's mountaintop fun fair) in this beautiful boutique hotel. Built in 1924 by Dr Salvador Andreu, the developer the residential neighbourhood of Tibidabo who wanted to create the city's best hotel, it was used as a military hospital during the Civil War. When it reopened in 1950, it hosted many of the city's most famous visitors, from Ernest Hemingway to Rock Hudson before closing again in 1979.
Immaculately restored with plenty of Roaring 20s panache, it reopened in 2001 as the city's urban resort, with sublime views over Barcelona.
Carretera de Vallvidrera al Tibidabo 83.
+34 93 259 30 00
Image by jacinta lluch valero