Palazzo delle Prigioni
Once a jail, now a concert hall
Part of the Palazzo Ducale tour, the Palazzo delle Prigioni was designed in the 16th century by Antonio Da Ponte, the same who designed the Rialto Bridge. Only two prisoners ever escaped: Casanova and his monkish accomplice.
In 1919, the last cons left, and shortly after the palazzo began to find a new use as a concert hall; in the evenings, the Collegium Ducale orchestra performs classics from the orchestral or opera repertoire.