Built in 1506 by Antonio Abbondi (or Lo Scarpagnino) the Renaissance façade of Spirito Santo is a later addition, after the church's apse was demolished for the creation of the Zattere in 1560. Fans of Giovanni Buonconsiglio used to come to see his painting of the Redeemer and Saints, but the church has been closed for years. The adjacent scuola is now a private house.
Its other claim to fame is that the assassins of Lorenzino de' Medici took refuge here in 1548 after the murder in Campo San Polo.
Fondamenta Zattere ai Gesuati
Images by: Axbay, Creative Commons License