This handsome salmon-coloured scuola of the Guardian Angel only last a hundred years as a confraternity: founded in 1713 and suppressed a century later, its building was purchased by a German merchant to be used as a church for the Protestants once they were no longer confined to the Fondaco dei Tedeschi.
Inside the (now Evangelical Lutheran) church, there are several paintings transferred from the older building: Sebastiano Ricci's The Madonna in Glory with the Archangel Michael (with a fine sea monster), a Christ by Titian, and a Portrait of Martin Luther by the studio of Lucas Cranach.
Hours Tues 10.30am-1pm
Campo Santi Apostoli
vaporetto Ca' d'Oro
Images by: Giovanni Dall'Orto, Creative Commons License