This is the headquarters of Venice’s antiques dealers, who often turn the square into an open-air market. The bland church of San Maurizio, rebuilt in 1806 by Gian Antonio Selva, is a prime candidate for Venice’s most wilted wallflower, saved only by some vigorous neoclassical reliefs on the façade. Now deconsecrated, it's the headquarters of Museo della Musica filled with violins of the Artemio Vesari Collection from the time of Vivaldi, when Venice boasted a number of famous lutanists. Others are in San Giacometto
Next door is the Scuola degli Albanesi.
Hours daily 10am-7pm
Campo San Maurizio
Vaporetto: Santa Maria del Giglio
+39 041 2411 840
Image by Dennis Jarvis, Creative Commons License